The Worship Council at Swanbourne is made up of;
• Mr May – Deputy Head and Staff Representative
• Rev Simon – School Vicar and Governor Representative
• Ben C – Year 6 Class Representative
• Charys F – Year 6 Class Representative
• Annabel B – Year 6 Class Representative
• Phoebe R – Year 5 Class Representative
• Anna P – Year 5 Class Representative
• Sam R – Year 5 Class Representative
• Harry L – Year 5 Class Representative
• Eleanor F – Year 4 Class Representative
• Bethany A – Year 4 Class Representative
• Daniel M – Year 4 Class Representative
• Emmeline F – Year 4 Class Representative
They Worship Council members have many different roles in school to ensure the teaching and learning in Religious Education and Collective Worship are effective and embed the School Christian Values in all pupils and stakeholders of the school.
The Worship Council meet regularly in the reflection room. Their role is to monitor collective worship giving feedback about things they have enjoyed or would like see more of. They also plan and have leading roles in worship, reading passages from the bible and reading prayers they have written or other children have written in their classroom at the reflection corner.
The Worship Council regularly check their classroom suggestions boxes to ensure they have an understanding of the thoughts, opinions and suggestions of their classmates and what they would like to see in terms of Collective Worship, RE lessons, Visits to religious buildings and events and visitors to the school to share information about Christianity and other world religions.